It is always so satisfying watching the kneidlach turn out beautifully, ready to be placed inside the chicken soup. These are my kids’ absolute favourite and best! And no matter how many I make there never seem to be enough!
- Beat the eggs, schmaltz and water together with an electric hand beater.
- Then add the matzah meal and salt and pepper ( 3 or 4 grinds of each) and stir well.
- Fill a pot with boiling water and add two or three teaspoons of chicken stock powder to flavour the water which will add flavour to the kneidlach.
- Roll the kneidlach into balls, about the size of a golf ball (they do get bigger in the boiling water).
- Add the kneidlach to the boiling water and boil with the lid closed for at least half an hour.